These wagers are placed “outside” the 38 numbers of the layout, and refer to specific sections or colors. The letters on the accompanying illustration correspond with the following bets:
Even Money Bets
There are three even money bets. Chips are placed at the indicated locations and are one a one-to-one basis:
Two bets on the roulette layout result in a payoff of two-to-one.
The following bets are made either on the specific numbers or on the border of the numbers section of the layout. Payouts vary according to the amount of numbers bet.
- F) The Line Bet (Sixain): The player is betting that one of six numbers will come up.Bets are placed on the intersection of the two lines of three numbers. On the illustration, the bet will win if the numbers 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, or 36 are hit. The paypays five-to-one.
- G) The Five-Number Bet: There is only one five-number bet on the layout: 0, 00, 1 2, and 3. The payoff is six-to-one. It is the worst bet on the table, with a house edge 50 percent higher than any other bet. This bet does not exist on the European game since there is no “00.”
- H) The Corner Bet (Carre): Players are betting that one of four numbers will come up. Bets are placed at the intersection of the four numbers. On the illustration, a winning bet would bet paid for the numbers 23, 24, 26, or 27.
- I) The Street Bet (Transversale): ligaz888 Players are wagering that one of three numbers will come up. Bets can be made at several different places: at the end of the line (19, 20 or 21 on the illustration), and three bets involving 0 and 00. The illustration showsthe bet for 0, 00 and 1. A winning bet pays 11-to-one.
- J) The Split Bet (A Cheval): Players are betting that one of two numbers come up. Bets are placed to overlap the two numbers (16 and 19 on the illustration). Payoff is 17-to-one. The 0 an 00 bet